Shame on you, Governor. The President clearly explained in his press conference today that speed is most important when it comes to protecting the sick and most vulnerable in this pandemic. He told reporters if states can find them first, get them.
No one has responded faster than President Trump when it comes to attacking this crisis. The safety, security, and health of the American people is the President’s top priority. Democratic governors have sung his praises, including California’s chief executive Gavin Newsom, who said “We’ve developed very strong relationships with our federal partners.”
President Trump has approved billions to combat the Coronavirus and focused on vital funding to protect Americans in this health crisis. This, as Gov. Lujan Grisham comes off a wasteful legislative session, squandering hundreds of millions of dollars in new money, and failing to spend wisely for her New Mexico citizenry.
Just in case you hadn’t heard, Governor, here’s just SOME of what President Trump has done in dealing with this pandemic:
- President Trump has established his Coronavirus Task Force with health experts who are working quickly to address this crisis.
- The President has ordered many stricter guidelines to protect Americans and to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Trump has declared a national emergency to provide more direct support for states and the Coronavius response.
- President Trump has approved $8.3 billion in emergency aid for Americans.
- Travel restrictions in regions most affected by Coronavirus have been implemented.
- The President is working on a public-private partnership to increase the number of available tests.
- The President has ordered the Small Business Administration to provide low interest loans to impacted businesses.
- Tax payments will be deferred without interest to affected businesses and individuals impacted by Coronavirus.
- President Trump has asked Congress to suspend payroll taxes to ease the financial burden caused by the virus.
- The White House is providing all kinds of information, hotlines, resources and guidelines to help Americas deal with this health crisis.